Best Food
nice food
healty Food

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Satisfied with the final GE results?



20100215-126217393963

(Am using picture from Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku since it's the anime closest to politics although it was a mahjong based production, starring the well known politics from over the world)


By the way Fukuyama Jun voiced the character Taizo Sugimura in the anime as well. Nothing much actually, just wanna point it out HAHAHAHA *biased*.



Back to what I wanted to address at first, it was the Singapore General Elections yesterday, and it's held every 5 years. I am someone that has no interest in politics or anything serious, but yesterday I was pretty much glued to the streaming online (lazy to switch off my computer and watch it on TV) till the end of the broadcast.


My friends were very shocked that I am actually interested in the General Elections. I am shocked at myself too, and since I'm not yet 21 so I can't vote, I can only watch.


Most of my friends are supporters of Opposition parties, like The Workers' Party. But for me, I'm leaning towards PAP. Don't ask me why even though I don't think I am mature enough to dabble and worry about the rising HDB prices, the higher costs of living, etc, but I just don't like how the supporters of the Opposition parties behave online.


IN MY OPINION, I think they're very aggressive. You want to support Opposition? It's your decision. You want to vote for them? Go ahead. But why must you criticize at everything the PAP does and even those that supports PAP?


Like going, "Sure vote for PAP, just don't regret when you have no money to pay for blah blah blah blah blah" or "PAP is so pathetic to resort to such tactics" or even worst, someone actually posted a status like this on my friend's FB:


"Hope all those PAP loyal old people faster die"


WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED OF PAP SUPPORTERS? You should be confident of the party that you are supporting since PAP is so lousy and there should be no problem winning, right? Is there even a valid reason to curse people?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????


To be honest I didn't even see any PAP supporters talking bad about Oppositions. The one that made that comment above really showed us how cultured he/she is. Oh well, there're always black sheeps among the good ones.


Voters job: To decide which party holds the best interests for Singaporeans. Cast your vote. Wait for results.


Was it THAT difficult? SERIOUSLY? Why you nothing to do wanna pick fight??


And with regards to one of the PAP members Tin Pei Ling of Marine Parade GRC, I understand that there are A LOT of people that are against her going into Parliament due to factors of her being the youngest and her Kate Spade joke.


But please, why are you focusing on Tin Pei Ling when there's Goh Chok Tong in the party too? See the good, not the bad. Besides, she haven't prove herself have she? Don't condemn her just because she took a photo of herself posing of her Kate Spade loot lah although I would say it's quite inappropriate to post that online, but it's the capabilities that's more important, am I wrong?


If she can't perform, then you can take her out of Parliament on the next round of elections. You guys ARE the voters. You call the shots. I believe PAP won Marine Parade because the netizens there believes in Goh Chok Tong. He's a good man.


I know the things I said now might sound ignorant or stupid but that's what I really felt yesterday. Don't be so crude in your comments. It's okay to voice out your unhappiness but for the past few days, I didn't like what I saw. Which was why from a mind-my-own-business me, I kinda took sides.


I wasn't happy when Workers' Party won Aljunied, because George Yeo from PAP (and our Foreign Minister) had been a very good leader and we all know that. But it's also due to his loss, we will lose a Foreign Minister. It's a rule that they can't be a member of the Cabinet/Parliament anymore if they lost. But it's not up to me to comment on the results.


However, he's having a very strong rapport from us Singaporeans to be voted for Presidency right now so I hope he will contest for that next!


rp02_03



Since everything's decided and a new Singapore is on it's way, I hope Singaporeans will just embrace the future and stop dwelling on the results.


As for my area, I live in Ang Mo Kio so my area will be governed by Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The next election whereby I have the rights to vote would be when I'm 24 years old.


Who knows, I might be siding the Oppositions when I'm older. But for now, accept the results and put your trust on the elected leaders for your areas.



No comments:

Post a Comment