Best Food
nice food
healty Food

Friday, May 27, 2011

Mary Berry's Family Fruit TeaBread from Good Food Magazine


Right. Time to come clean. I made this teabread at 7am one morning, in my pyjamas. Now, if you're wondering what I'm doing getting on with casual baking at that time in the morning I have to tell you that this recipe is extremely easy and low on effort. In fact, a lot of the work is being done while you sleep - which is the soaking of the dried fruit in some sugar and Earl Grey tea overnight.

All that's left to do in the morning is mix the fruity-tea and sugar liquid with flour, egg and other ingredients and pour into loaf tins. You then leave them in the oven for an hour or so until they are cooked through.

The other thing I noticed about this one is that the tea bread itself contains no butter, or any fat at all actually, making it quite low in fat. The recipe suggests slicing the loaf and smearing with butter, and the taste is not unlike malt loaf, only this is more crumbly, contains more pieces of chunky fruit and is really quite addictive.


The recipe is not yet posted up on the Good Food website, but can be found in Good Food magazine - the June 2011 issue - on page 104. I'm going to add it to the list of things I'll bake regularly - it's great for breakfast, snacks, and lunchboxes.  Just thought I'd share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment