Best Food
nice food
healty Food

Friday, November 26, 2010

Drumroll Please: The Full Thanksgiving Menu

This year, we didn't know exactly what we were serving until it came down to actually cooking yesterday morning. But the good news is that this turned out to be our best Thanksgiving yet! All told I believe we prepared I think 12 individual items, for a total of 9 dishes. I'm most proud of the fact that several of the best dishes were on-the-fly inventions out of my head. These are recipes that I now have to try to write down, lest the be lost forever! And trust me, these gems should *not* be lost. Rather, they should be cherished in perpetuity.

The menu, in whole, when we finally did sit down 'round 4:30 or so, looked like this:
  • Spinach Dip with Herbed Crosstini*
  • Field Roast cranberry and hazelnut roast
  • Roasted root vegetables with apples and chikn*
  • Roasted sliced potatoes with savory herbs*
  • Whipped potatoes with onions and corn
  • Green Bean Casserole (amazing as always - thank you Liz!)
  • Macaroni and Cheeze with quinoa pasta*
  • Classic bread stuffing with mushrooms and onions
  • Spiced sauteed apples
  • Fresh Cranberry Sauce with orange rind and warm spices*
  • Crimini Mushroom Brown Gravy
  • Chocolate Creme Pie with chocolate graham crust*
Those items marked with asterisks are the foodstuffs that sprung fully formed from my head, like Athena from the skull of Zeus. (Except, you know, that I still had to cook them and everything.)

Are there pictures, you ask? Yes! There are pictures! That are still sitting in my camera. Good things come to those who wait. Like pictures... and recipes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment