Best Food
nice food
healty Food

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

right o... well, since this blog is looking rather sparse at the moment, here are a couple pictures of when I went to Nagoya, Japan in 2008.
Along with me came my fierce and stalwart travelling companion, Horatio. (the little green dude with the ears). Together we embarked upon our most exciting journey yet.
Here we have Horatio and I in the Detroit airport, waiting for our flight... please excuse my bad self portraiting skills...




On the plane! 13 hours of fun and excitement. Though toward the 7 hour mark, Horatio was feeling a might queasy....




Here we are in the subway station. Nagoya eki, in Japanese, I think...



In the RAMEN shop. One of my most favorite of foods... EVER. noodles, meat, boiled egg, bamboo shoots etc. all nestled in a lovely broth. What's not to love? Horatio, however, missed his chicken soup...




Here we are in the subway, along with my roommate for two weeks Michelle Schwartz. Michelle was interning with the Nagoya team, and she was the best at helping me figure out what to do, how much money to pay, where to find good bentos, and all sorts of other things.





... em, more food. This time it was Takoyaki! Which I suppose if one translated literally would just be grilled Octopus, but what it actually is are these bits of Octo tentacles wrapped in a little ball of dough. only the dough is a bit more smushy and not as firm... and and they pour them into these little pans and... you know what, here's a link: http://www.justhungry.com/takoyaki Maki explains it a lot better than I can ( BTW: this is an awesome site if you are interested in cooking or just learning about Japanese food... I'll stick it over with the other links)




..... No, we didn't just eat all the time... but, well I like food. and so does Horatio. Here we have two different kinds of Onigiri, balls of rice that sometimes have a filling and sometimes have seaweed wrapped around them. I think one of them had salmon in the middle and the other was pork. They were like a dollar each and mighty tasty (if you like rice and salmon, that is).
Behind Horatio is a bottle of milk tea. Which is mostly milk and sugar, and a little bit of tea, But it is also delicious.

So there you have it. Horatio had a great time and can't wait for when we get to go for 2 years.
Next time I'll post some more pictures of the church and what I did while horatio was getting over jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment